Fire & Life Safety
September is Campus Fire Safety Month
Every fire alarm is a real alarm. There is no such thing as a "false alarm." Should the fire alarm activate:
- Leave the area immediately,
- Walk quietly and efficiently to the nearest exit (use the stairs, do not use the elevators),
- Remain outside in the designated area until the "all clear" is given.
If you are in need of special assistance during an emergency, call 622-1111 (EKU Police) or 911 and let the operator know your location and your need.
Kentucky law mandates that everyone evacuate a building if the fire alarm is activated.
- If you see fire or smoke in a building, activate the fire alarm by using the fire alarm pull station (generally located near each stairwell) and immediately leave the structure.
- Know at least two ways out of every structure.
- Choose the closest exit (may not be the way you entered the structure).
- Take time to become familiar with the fire evacuation and tornado shelter area plans posted in each building.
|The Guide to Residence Hall Living 2011-2012||1.08 MB|